Proper set-up goes beyond your machine; there are factors to consider with users and your surroundings, too! Are these items always on your radar?
- Site conditions: Make sure you know your surroundings. Note obstacles such as power lines, traffic and ground conditions.
- Weather conditions: If it’s winter, is your machine properly winterized? If it’s summer, are you staying properly hydrated? Are there wind conditions to consider?
- PPE: Are you properly protected and wearing suitable Personal Protective Equipment?
- Right equipment: Are you using the right machine for the job?
- Work plan: Is everyone onsite properly trained and has the work plan been communicated to all?
- Pre-operation inspections: Have you performed a thorough walk-around inspection and identified any hazards or potential hazards with the machine?
- Stability checks: Is your machine level with adequate outrigger pads or cribbing?